Additional images for download: (entire, uncropped image shown)
Dianthus STAR SINGLE™ ‘Superstar’
Dianthus ‘Wp11 TYR04’
The Whetman Pinks® STAR SINGLE™ Collection the best in perennial Dianthus genetics! All have attractive compact, mounding foliage that looks great in mass plantings. They are heat tolerant with a vigor that is unsurpassed by other Dianthus. The Star series produces excellent, uniform, spring and early-summer crops that are perfect for Spring promotions.
Dianthus STAR SINGLE™ Superstar ‘Wp11 TYR04’: Fragrant, double art deco paterned blooms. Repeat blooming.
Origin: United Kingdom
Description / Plant Notes:
• USDA Zone 5. (-20°F or -28°C).
• Compact mouncing foliage, typically 7″ in height and spread at peak bloom time .
• Foliage is sturdy and generally glaucous.
• Day neutral, perpetual flowering, heavily budded in spring: vernalization not necessary..
• Single flowers 1” – 1.5” diameter, held 3” above foliage.
• Varying degrees of perfume, somewhat reminiscent of cloves.
• Ideal for use as a front of the border perennial or in mixed containers.
Patent Status: PPAF
|Patent Status:||PP 25,077|
in the Collection:
|• Dianthus STAR SINGLE™ ‘Eastern Star’
• Dianthus STAR SINGLE™ ‘Fire Star Improved’
• Dianthus STAR SINGLE™ ‘Fire Star’
• Dianthus STAR SINGLE™ ‘Neon Star Improved’
• Dianthus STAR SINGLE™ ‘Neon Star’
• Dianthus STAR SINGLE™ ‘Peppermint Star’
• Dianthus STAR SINGLE™ ‘Stargazer’