Additional images for download: (entire, uncropped image shown)
Miscanthus ‘Little Miss’
Miscanthus sinensis ‘Little Miss’
Grasses continue to grow in demand as landscape design moves from less formal to more naturalistic forms.
Miscanthus sinensis ‘Little Miss’ is a stunning variety of from German breeder client Klaus Menzel with more than a few outstanding qualities.
Description / Plant Notes:
- Narrow arching foliage emerges green in spring developing carmine and purple tones from early May with strongest coloring in October and November
- Clump centers remain fresh green for a lovely two-tone effect
- Reddish flower heads sport buff seed heads from July-October for long season of interest
- Vigorous, easy care, drought tolerant once established
- USDA Zone 4 (-30°F or -34°C)
- Tidy clumping compact habit, 2′-3′ height and width at maturity
- Excellent for containers, borders and modern landscape plantings
Patent Status: Rights Asserted.