Miscanthus ‘Little Miss’
Grasses continue to grow in demand as landscape design moves from less formal to more naturalistic forms.
Miscanthus sinensis ‘Little Miss’ is a stunning variety of from German breeder client Klaus Menzel with more than a few outstanding qualities.
Description / Plant Notes:
- Narrow arching foliage emerges green in spring developing carmine and purple tones from early May with strongest coloring in October and November
- Clump centers remain fresh green for a lovely two-tone effect
- Reddish flower heads sport buff seed heads from July-October for long season of interest
- Vigorous, easy care, drought tolerant once established
- USDA Zone 4 (-30°F or -34°C)
- Tidy clumping compact habit, 2'-3' height and width at maturity
- Excellent for containers, borders and modern landscape plantings
Patent Status: Rights Asserted.