Dianthus STAR SINGLE™ Stargazer = ‘Wp13 Gil05’
The Whetman Pinks® STAR SINGLE™ Collection represents the best in perennial Dianthus genetics! All have attractive compact, mounding foliage that looks great in mass plantings. They are heat tolerant with a vigor that is unsurpassed by other Dianthus. The Star series produces excellent, uniform, spring and early-summer crops that are perfect for Spring promotions.
Dianthus STAR SINGLE™ Stargazer ‘Wp13 Gil05’ has fragrant single fringed blooms with and a deep maroon eye, carried on sturdy stems.
Origin: United Kingdom
Description / Plant Notes:
- USDA Zone 5 (-20°F or -28°C)
- Compact mounding foliage, typically 7" in height and spread at peak bloom time
- Foliage is sturdy and generally glaucous
- Day neutral, perpetual flowering, heavily budded in spring: vernalization not necessary
- Single flowers 1" – 1.5" diameter, held 3" above foliage
- Varying degrees of perfume, somewhat reminiscent of cloves
- Ideal for use as a front of the border perennial or in mixed containers
Patent Status: PPAF