Dianthus STAR SINGLE™ ‘Neon Star’
The Whetman Pinks® STAR SINGLE™ Collection the best in perennial Dianthus genetics! All have attractive compact, mounding foliage that looks great in mass plantings. They are heat tolerant with a vigor that is unsurpassed by other Dianthus. The Star series produces excellent, uniform, spring and early-summer crops that are perfect for Spring promotions.
Dianthus STAR SINGLE™ ‘Neon Star’: Amazing iridescent cerise single flowers borne on a vigorous mound of neat grey foliage.
Origin: United Kingdom
Description / Plant Notes:
• USDA Zone 5. (-20°F or -28°C).
• Compact mouncing foliage, typically 7" in height and spread at peak bloom time .
• Foliage is sturdy and generally glaucous.
• Day neutral, perpetual flowering, heavily budded in spring: vernalization not necessary..
• Single flowers 1” – 1.5” diameter, held 3” above foliage.
• Varying degrees of perfume, somewhat reminiscent of cloves.
• Ideal for use as a front of the border perennial or in mixed containers.
Patent Status: USPP 14549